Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Make and Take Retreats, A truly valuable experience for you, your family, and friends.

I have attended many home parties and frankly I am sick of them. I mean no offense to home party consultants who love hounding their family and friends... and friends of friends… and friends of friends, friends for the purpose of scheduling a home party and earning you that new car. I have to admit a new car would be pretty sweet!

I just feel these home parties have gotten stale, like week-old bread... My most recent home party was one of those make up parties. The consultant was, how do I say this nicely….  Well, she was snooty as snooty can be. Sorry, I had no way to say that nicely. I am not sure if she was just trying to be professional, or just trying too hard.... but I felt like I was talked at the entire time I was there. I was never talk to or made to feel valuable to her.  Maybe I am being snarky, but I have a strong opinion about these things. Here is why.

I was never fully engaged by this consultant. It wasn't until I started making witty comments that I was recognized. Perhaps this was because she is a consultant. She is not truly invested in "her Business" because the business she calls her own was created buy someone else. Regardless, I should have walked away from that party feeling beautiful or valuable. Isn't that the idea? Make your potential customers feel fabulous so they want to interact with you and buy your stuff!

My expectation, as a consumer and a business woman, is that if I am coming into someone’s home to sell something, then I should also (and most importantly) be there to create a relationship based on trust and value. This is not a feeling I have received from any of the home parties I have attended. If my logic is wrong someone please tell me!

Anyway…

I’m baking up a whole new loaf of bread. This one you’re certain to LOVE!!!

I have decided to create a new type of event you can share with your family and friends... one you walk away from feeling a bit more fulfilled! I’m creating events that build local relationships, support our local economy, and give us something to look forward to. Think of these events as some well-deserved adult time with your family and friends. It’s time to get away from all the mundane cares of life… It’s time for a Retreat!!!

It is my honor to introduce to you, the Elegantly Haunted Make and Take Retreats™.


No, this is not another home party! Instead this is time spent learning something new, sampling local offerings, creating a small project, and spending some serious quality time with your friends and family.

Here is a quick outline of what you can expect during your retreat!


  • Make and Take! You get to be creative. Or if you are creatively challenged, you can pretend. It’s all good with me. This means instead of sitting around and having a catalog of items (you probably don’t need) shoved down your throat; we will make a paper craft together. When you schedule your retreat you can choose from list of crafts, and you can customize your theme. YEAH!! I know! Do one, for a single fun event, or do them all and have months of fun! It’s up to you!


  • Buy Local! Okay here is my dirty little secret. My real intention behind your retreat is to show you all the great local options we have near us. Local food, wine, beer, etc. I will bring one local wine (or beer) to sample, a local appetizer to share, and my local handmade items for you and your guests to peruse. Okay, I was kidding, that really isn't a dirty little secret. If you didn't catch it, I like to joke! 


  • HAVE FUN! Maybe this one should have been at the top, but… Taa Daa! Here it is! All kidding aside, this is important. I want you and your guests to have a great time. This should be time you spend enriching your existing relationships and building new ones! I don’t like awkward moments when you are surrounded by people you hardly know! Some people are great at engaging new people. I’m not when it comes to the home party atmosphere. I retreat into my drink instead. I see many others doing the same so I know I am not alone. My retreat atmosphere will help elevate any awkwardness which in turn makes things fun!


  • Community. To me this is also important. I hope it is also important to you. Without community we would not have many of the fabulous outlets we so enjoy! So part of our time together you will be learning a little about me and my involvement in the community. I want you and your guests to know who I am not just what I do. I want you all to be inspired to support your independently owned and operated businesses.


  • Try Before You Buy. I promise! I try very hard to not sell you anything. Truthfully, I can’t stand sales people. I have met far too many of the shadier sort and I avoid them when I can. I prefer to allow you as the consumer the chance to touch, hold, and become personal with my creations. Here is how it works. When your retreat begins you and your guests will be asked to browse my selection of hand painted beverage glasses. Once you find one you like you then choose a glass that glass to use during our time together. I want you and your guests to feel special and enjoy my unique items! In addition, your glass will be very distinctive so you will know which glass is yours to drink from. I save you some serious guess work!


  • Convenient Shopping! So we talked about “Try before you buy”, now let’s talk about what keeps small business folk, like myself, in business. Near the end of our time together you and your guests will have the chance to purchase my handmade items. Just about everything I bring with me can be purchased and orders will be taken for additional products. Custom orders are also welcome. Just think the holidays are creeping up on us very quickly!!! YIKES!



Well! I think that about summarizes my Make and Take Retreats™. Now it’s time to schedule your retreat. Simply visit my website http://www.elegantlyhaunted.com/make-and-take-home-parties/ and complete the contact form at the bottom of the page. 

What? Wait! You’re not familiar with Elegantly Haunted? You have no idea what you are missing!

It’s time to get curious and check out my website! Here is the link! http://www.elegantlyhaunted.com/

You will love what you see! I have something for everyone, and if you don’t see it I can make it!!!

I look forward to talking with you soon… More so, I look forward to our Make and Take Retreat together!

Cheers! 

Brandy Boswell
Artist and Owner
Elegantly Haunted




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I appreciate your feedback!!!
-Elegantly Haunted