Wednesday, July 17, 2013

How to Stay Cool and Stylish When the Heat and Humidity is Rising...

How do we stay cool today???

I thought of this because at 9am the temperature was already at 86 degrees, with what feels like 100% humidity. I tried to take the dog for our usual walk at Lake Redman, but could not do it. 

Lola and I were miserable. The heat was bad enough, and then the bugs were... well... buggin'. 

I think Lola drank half a bowl of water before we got in the car to come home. 

So in light of all this heat, here are my tips for staying cool.
  1. Locate your favorite glass.
  2. Make yourself an ICE COLD beverage!! Maybe something fruity... yummmm....
  3. If you can, get into the air conditioning... DUH right? If you can't then find a nice fan or a cool place and plop yourself down. 
  4. DON'T MOVE! 

Yep I think that just about covers it. 



WOOT! I have my favorite glass and a delicious fruity Peach Iced Tea. 

As always, I love to shop local so I stopped at Brown's Orchards and Farm Market today to get some fresh fruit. Brown's has some gorgeous peaches that are beautifully ripe. 

I bought the large box of peaches so I could make this fabulous tea and have left overs. Tomorrow I will share my remaining peaches with the Teen Battle Chef group at Spoutwood Farm on our last day of this year's summer camp. 

I'm ready for the heat!!! Oh wait... I need another tea...

Stay cool out there!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I appreciate your feedback!!!
-Elegantly Haunted