Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Distressed Leaf Tutorial


As promised The distressed leaf tutorial is HERE!!! Hooray!  

Elegantly Haunted
I am a tutorial NUT! I love to watch how other creative people create!!! It inspires me and encourages me to make beautiful keepsakes.

I like to keep things short and simple, and there really isn't a whole lot to distressing leaves. The real challenge is deciding what to do once you have several dozen leaves distressed. Its like they are all dressed up and no where to go. 

I know all you DIY fanatics out there will create some marvelous things with this technique! Birds of a feather....
Elegantly Haunted


READY? SET? Here we go!

Materials you will need:
  • Heavy card stock in various fall colors
  • Leaf template or punch
  • Embossing Stylus, fine tip
  • Distress Ink and applicator
  • Distress Ink in your favorite shades
  • Embossing pad (I use and old mouse pad)
  • A Craft Mat


Directions:
1. Select your desired colors of card stock and cut leaf shapes using your preferred method.


2. Emboss (draw) leaf ribs into each leaf using your stylus and embossing mat. Be careful not to puncture your leaf with the stylus. You will want to do several dozen leaves.

3. Remove embossing mat and stylus.


4. Lay your craft mat down on your work surface.

5. Place your embossed leaf on the Craft Mat and prime your ink applicator with your distress ink.

6. Work your way around the edge of each leaf in a circular motion inking the edges of each leaf.


8. Lightly rub the applicator on the center of the leaf, over the embossed ribs of your leaf to give them definition.

9. Repeat this process for all your leaves changing the color of your distress ink as necessary. DONE!!

Depending on what project you decide on, you might be distressing leaves for a while. Make this an afternoon project complete with your favorite music and a glass of wine!

The leaves you see in this tutorial went toward the creation of one of my fall wreaths, as well as some greeting card embellishments. 

Elegantly Haunted
An assortment of complete leaves and flowers

Elegantly Haunted
Distressed Fall Wreath with Flowers

2nd Distressed Fall Wreath with Flowers

I showed you mine now you show me yours! 

I would love to see your projects! If I get enough of you sharing your creativity, I will create an entire blog post of all your beautiful work!

CHEERS!!
Brandy
Artist & Owner, Elegantly Haunted
©2013 Elegantly Haunted, All Rights Reserved


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I appreciate your feedback!!!
-Elegantly Haunted